Sunday, January 19, 2014

15 Gennaio - Coyoacan, Mexico City

We couldn't go to Mexico City without stopping in Coyoacan and taking a tour of Frida Kahlo's blue house. I didn't really take pictures of the inside, but I really liked it and it was a little bit like stepping back in time.

In citta' abbiamo visitato il museo di Frida Kahlo, o la casa azzurra, come la chiamano. E' in quartiere chiamato Coyoacan, il cuo nome ha a che fare con i coyotes, come si puo' vedere dalla foto qui sotto. Per qualche motivo (gli alberi, le fontane), mi ricorda Savannah.

It was very strange, but Coyoacan (which is a neighborhood of Mexico City), reminded me a bit of Savannah, with its beautiful squares full of large trees and fountains, just like the one above. The name of the place, Coyoacan, has to do with coyotes, and that's why there are two large statues of them in the main square.

Un'altra cosa che mi e' piaciuta molto durante questo viaggio e' stato il cibo. E non potevo andare via senza provare una delle cose piu' strane sul menu', chiamate chapolines. In altre parole, cavallette :) E si', le ordinerei ancora!

So... one of the things I was very impressed with was the food. I've always liked Mexican food (real, not Tex-Mex), but one of my new discoveries was chapulines... or, as you call them, grasshoppers. Chris didn't believe me, but they were crunchy and delicious. I think I could get used to them :)

No comments: